College & Career Readiness
Student Success Plans
VHS has a Success Coach who meets with all students to complete a success plan. These plans are tailored to each students college or career goals in order to keep students on track and meet the necessary criteria. To review VHS graduation requirements, click here.
GEAR UP Wyoming (GUWY)
GEAR UP stands for “Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs”, and it’s a federally funded, statewide grant in Wyoming. The GEAR UP Wyoming (GUWY) grant uses the priority student model for serving a minimum of 2,000 students each year from schools located across the state of Wyoming.
Dual and Concurrent Enrollment
Wyoming’s Dual and Concurrent Enrollment Program provides an excellent opportunity for all Wyoming high school students to earn college credit while they are still in high school. These college classes for eligible students are free of charge.
- FAFSA - FAFSA is a great starting place to seeing what a student will qualify for when they apply for student aid for college. There is a list of all of the FAFSA deadlines, so students will be sure to get their information in on time as well as tips and information that should increase their knowledge on the process.
- USA.gov - USA.gov is a US government site that provides information on what types of financial aid is available through government options. Students will be able to see what they're eligible for, too, based on some factors
- Pell Grants - If you are interested in applying for a Pell Grant, the Federal Student aid site is where you will find this application. They show students and parents the different types of grants and scholarships someone may qualify for. Remember, a Pell grant is money students don't have to pay back, so it's worth looking into.
Wyoming Hathaway Scholarship Curriculum Requirements
Hathaway scholarships are designed to provide an incentive for Wyoming students to prepare for and pursue post-secondary education within the state of Wyoming. The program consists of four separate merit scholarships, each with specific eligibility requirements, and a need-based scholarship for eligible students that supplements the merit awards.
This page offers a quick and easy look at scholarship opportunities for Wyoming students.
- Fast Web College Scholarships - Fast Web is a great resource to research scholarship opportunities. Learn about mentoring and scholarship opportunities all in one place and get the help needed to help students to prepare for college and beyond.
- Army ROTC - The Army ROTC has always been a great program for students who wish to combine their college education with Army training. They will help train students to be a US Army officer if that is the student's goal.